Join the Brush Masters Team
Brush Masters is top notch, growing painting, drywall and pre-finishing company located in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Our strength comes from nearly 30 years of experience and from the fact that we have an excellent group of employees who have created a great work environment. If you are looking for a positive work environment with learning opportunities and competitive wages apply now!
General Manager (GM) - Pre-finishing shop
The primary responsibilities of the position are to provide leadership to the shop while working in close contact with our clients to foster great partnerships while working on future sales and client opportunities. To be successful The Shop GM needs to understand the market and competition in an effort to gain an edge on our competitors. The Shop GM is also responsible for leading the Shop Team by providing key data to help drive clarity on performance and process.
This position requires strong leadership and communication skills, attention to detail and follow through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Researches and understands the finishing market and its competition
- Sales leader- provides ongoing customer service to existing and new client opportunities
- Develops and maintains shop operations, business plans, budgets and reviews weekly for progress meetings
- Maintains accurate price lists for Brush Masters Pre-Finishing Shop
- Maintains accurate expectations of employees for Brush Masters Pre-Finishing Shop
- Ownership of the Shop P+L
- Shop Employee Management- Hiring and review practices with the Shop Floor Manager’s assistance
- Works with the Shop Floor Manager in the planning, directing, and completion of all shop projects
- Provides guidance to the development of a process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, facility needs, tooling and equipment needs
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives
- Manages all Pre-Finishing Shop operations in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
- Leads the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products
- Works with the Shop Floor Manager to ensure all shop deadlines are met, quality standards are adhered to and jobs are completed on time
- Stays current on all Local, State, and Federal regulations in regard to hazardous waste compliance via annual education/training
- Reads and Understands hazardous waste shipping manifests
- Drafts and maintains the company’s emergency response plan in regard to hazardous waste knows and performs proper procedures for day to day handling of hazardous waste, labels and fills hazardous waste drums
- Primary contact for government hazardous waste inspections
- Completes annual Hazardous Waste and air emission filings
- Shop material management
- Performs the duties of all other shop employees as needed and/or necessary
Managerial Responsibilities. This position works in tandem with the Shop Floor Manager. It is responsible for the overall financial success, direction, coordination, and evaluation of all Pre-Finishing shop possible shifts.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales Experience.
- Painting or pre-finishing knowledge is a plus.
- Education and/or Experience – Requires a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Language Skills –Ability to communicate with customers and employees in English
- Computer Skills – Able to effectively use multiple computer programs such as the Internet, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.